Our cutting-edge suite of immersive learning technologies service one primary goal: adaptive readiness, a key missing ingredient that many organizations fail to train for.
Our Secret Sauce
- Training for complex organizational skills has two key objectives: creating a workforce that will 1) be ready to execute on critical tasks and manage known risks, and 2) be able to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and innovate solutions to unknown risks. While many training programs focus on compliance and delivering on technical skills, key features of adaptive readiness, like decision making, expert judgment, communication and prioritization are often overlooked.
- To address this gap, we have created the Viion™ SevenX™ System, a seven-step process that helps train your workforce for adaptive readiness by optimizing decision making and motivating behavior change through immersive, virtual world technologies.
The SevenX™ System for Adaptive Readiness
The graph below lays out the seven steps of our deep learning process, the Viion technology suite that drives each process and the science behind what makes it effective. Each step in the process was developed based on scientific research and insights on human cognitive development and expertise.
© Viion Limited
The SevenX Assessment Rubric: Uncovering Your True Potential
Current training assessment protocol and standards too often focus on what is most easily measurable, targeting either compliance (e.g. protocol adherence, checklists, procedures) or hard skills outcomes (e.g. speed, accuracy, error rate, time to completion). The SevenX Assessment Rubric gives evaluators a means to dig deeper into the cognitive dimensions that have a more meaningful impact on performance outcomes (e.g. sensemaking, situation awareness, self-regulation, adaptation). Our Assessment Rubric applies across all stages of the learning and training process, including initial knowledge elicitation and current state evaluation methods that inform our design, live performance feedback, and after action reviews.
Assessment and Knowledge Elicitation Techniques
- Cognitive Task Analysis (CTA)
- Expertise Diagnostic (Dreyfus)
- Root Cause Analysis (HFACS)
- SME interviews
- Risk Profiling
- Data Analytics
To measure performance, we developed an analytics engine that references a world agnostic user profile which integrates inputs from 1) pre-operational diagnostics, 2) real time facilitation ratings, and 3) post hoc assessments.
These metrics are synthesized into a single user profile that can evolve over time, across learning modules, and along the trajectory of expert cognitive development.
- Viion Virtual Worlds can track and record behaviour in far better detail than in real life, giving facilitators a wider ability to control, direct and review scenarios and outcomes. Combined with our grounded analytics engine, events can be either be fully facilitator controlled, or automated, where the world uses AI to adapt and respond to player behavior.
Our Technology Suite
Building the Virtual World
The Viion World Engine is built on the Unity platform and allows us to import visual data and assets to form an environment. Once an environment has been imported, we are able to activate functionality such as communication, movement, animations, AI, analytics and build customised functionality for our clients.
Adapting the virtual world to client requirements
The Viion World Toolkit enables clients to change their environments and to publish those changes with minimal user expertise. Each iteration of the Toolkit is unique and there is no functionality to communicate between any two published versions of our Toolkit. The Viion World Toolkit uses the intellectual property developed in our Viion World Engine.
Managing users, data and instances of a virtual world
Our web-based control panel allows administrators and trainers to control the virtual world. This includes the management of users, data, analytics and configuring in-world parameters.
Creating adaptive AI functionality to drive scenario generation
Our AI solution allows our clients to integrate adaptive learning solutions, advanced AI animations and machine-learnt behaviours into their project.
Synthesizing user behavior into meaning data to enhance performance
Our Analytics Engine allows us to integrate inputs, real time assessments and outputs into a single user profile that evolves and adapts over time as users move through various modules. It is separate from our web-based Control Panel and is connected to a customer’s Virtual World via the Viion World Engine.