How Viion Works
Learn more about how we deliver state of the art learning and training experiences through our cutting edge suite of immersive technologies.
The Deep LX Learning Model
- Delivering complex simulation engagements in virtual reality requires a multi-theory learning approach. Our Deep LX learning model is built on a unique synthesis of several foundational theoretical models and empirical lines of research in learning theory and cognitive science.
- This multi-theory approach was developed to meet the changing demands of the market and the evolving opportunities for learning afforded by immersive, multiplayer virtual technologies.
Science Behind Our Approach
Data on performance outcomes means very little without a robust learning model that drives design, implementation and analysis. Below are three components of our learning model that drive our design approach.
- Model of Expert Cognitive Development
Which allows us to define variable learning needs unique to tasks and stages of skill development.
- Model of Motivational Adaptation
Which allows us to design scenarios that push expertise from one stage to the next.
- Model of Naturalistic Decision Making
Which allows us to model real world scenarios and optimize learning outcomes based on an embodied cognition approach.
Assessment and Data Analytics: Uncover your True Potential
Our design process begins with a rigorous, in depth analyses of the true potential of the organization, the current operating environment, and the inhibiting factors to success.
Combining cutting-edge tools and techniques from cognitive science, behavioral economics and learning experience design, we create an in depth assessment of the goals of the organization, the constraints inhibiting success, and opportunities available to achieve desired outcomes.
Assessment and Knowledge Elicitation Techniques
- Cognitive Task Analysis (CTA)
- Expertise Diagnostic (Dreyfus)
- Root Cause Analysis (HFACS)
- SME interviews
- Risk Profiling
- Data Analytics
To measure performance, we developed an analytics engine that references a world agnostic user profile which integrates inputs from 1) pre-operational diagnostics, 2) real time facilitation ratings, and 3) post hoc assessments.
These metrics are synthesized into a single user profile that can evolve over time, across learning modules, and along the trajectory of expert cognitive development.
- Viion Virtual Worlds can track and record behaviour in far better detail than in real life, giving facilitators a wider ability to control, direct and review scenarios and outcomes. Combined with our grounded analytics engine, events can be either be fully facilitator controlled, or automated, where the world uses AI to adapt and respond to player behavior.
Our Technology Suite
Building the Virtual World
The Viion World Engine is built on the Unity platform and allows us to import visual data and assets to form an environment. Once an environment has been imported, we are able to activate functionality such as communication, movement, animations, AI, analytics and build customised functionality for our clients.
Adapting the virtual world to client requirements
The Viion World Toolkit enables clients to change their environments and to publish those changes with minimal user expertise. Each iteration of the Toolkit is unique and there is no functionality to communicate between any two published versions of our Toolkit. The Viion World Toolkit uses the intellectual property developed in our Viion World Engine.
Managing users, data and instances of a virtual world
Our web-based control panel allows administrators and trainers to control the virtual world. This includes the management of users, data, analytics and configuring in-world parameters.
Creating adaptive AI functionality to drive scenario generation
Our AI solution allows our clients to integrate adaptive learning solutions, advanced AI animations and machine-learnt behaviours into their project.
Synthesizing user behavior into meaning data to enhance performance
Our Analytics Engine allows us to integrate inputs, real time assessments and outputs into a single user profile that evolves and adapts over time as users move through various modules. It is separate from our web-based Control Panel and is connected to a customer’s Virtual World via the Viion World Engine.